February 9 – 13, 2020
Don’t miss the impactful preaching of Evangelist Aaron Coffey. His family and ministry team will be with us to encourage and exhort us spiritually for an entire week.
One of the most important weeks for our church this year will be, as we host the Coffey Ministry Team for a week of revival and evangelistic meetings. Why Revival Meetings? They provide a way to help people re-establish or strengthen their personal relationship with Christ. True revival is God’s interaction with His people in order to energize them spiritually. As Christians respond to God’s call, they are then encouraged to reach their family and friends. We encourage you to invite those that you know, especially those who do not yet have a relationship with Jesus.
The Gospel will be clearly presented and we pray that those in need of Christ will come to know Him. During the week you will have these opportunities to hear the preaching of God’s Word to your own heart:
- “Friend Day” [everyone] – Sunday (Feb 9) We kick off the week with an open invitation to the congregation and community. These services will include heart-stirring music by the team and practical preaching by Evangelist Aaron Coffey. There will be morning services at 10:00 & 11:00. There is an evening service at 6:00. Y’all Come!
- “Corn-hole Tournament & BBQ Dinner” [men] – Monday (Feb 10 @ 6p) Teams of two (one member should be a non-attendee of Anchor) will have fun competing for prizes in this challenging game. The tournament will be followed a fun-time and a scrumptious steak dinner served in our fellowship hall.
- “Winter Warm-up Dinner with Door Prizes” [ladies] – Tuesday (Feb 11 @ 7p) Join us for a delectable meal complete with special music by the team and an encouraging devotional from one of the ladies. Door prizes will be awarded to the attendees as well.
- “Family Fun Night at Church” [everyone] – Wednesday (Feb 12 @ 7p) You don’t have to head to the hills to get a taste of camp fun. Join us in our auditorium for a mix of group games, hilarious skits, and lively songs. The evening will end with a meaningful look into God’s Word.
- “Sweetheart Banquet & Concert” [everyone] – Thursday (Feb 13 @ 7p) Join us for a romantic dinner of Italian cuisine in our fellowship. This event is geared for man & woman couples. A suggested $20 donation per pair would be appreciated. Wrap rich Gospel song lyrics with Celtic musical accompaniment and you are in for a treat. Many selections will be performed by the team members on a wide variety of instruments. Evangelist Coffey will close the evening and week with a valuable lesson from God’s Word.
Children – there will be a special program run by the team for kids ages 4-12 on Sunday and Wednesday evenings that will run parallel to the time Evangelist Aaron Coffey is preaching in the auditorium.
Nursery – there is free child care for children under age 4 during the services on Sunday and Wednesday.