Reopening Church on Mother’s Day
Some of our members have expressed a desire and peace to once again gather for services in our facility.
After much discussion, counsel, and prayer; we have decided to open the doors for people to gather in the building for church services on Sunday, May 10, 2020. We would like to make the following observations:
- No one is being urged or even encouraged to gather in the facility. We will continue to offer all of our services by live video stream.
- If you have any reservations about coming, have a weakened immune system, or show signs of illness, please do NOT come.
- We will be having 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. services only.
- The evening service will include the celebration of the Lord’s Supper. The elements will be prepared and distributed hygienically.
The following measures are being taken to offer a responsible return to our routines:
- Per the governor’s recommendation, we will be practicing social-distancing. Practice your six-foot swerve.
- When you arrive, try to avoid parking your vehicle in a spot that is next to someone else who has just arrived and exiting their automobile.
- Attendees are urged to refrain from physical contact. This will not be easy for those who want to greet with a holy hug or handshake. Remember that not everyone has the same level of comfort regarding personal space. I am confident that we will be considerate.
- Food and beverage will not be provided at the church. I know some of you need liquids and nutrition and are welcome to provide these for yourself. Liquids should be in a sealed container.
- We have removed the hymnbooks and Bibles from the chair pockets. Hymn lyrics will be projected. Bring your Bible (always a good thing).
- You are welcome to wear a mask and gloves, but you should expect that many people will be present who are not doing so.
- We will have attendants to assist with opening doors in high-traffic areas as well as to monitor occupancy in the restrooms.
- You can leave your contributions in one of the offering boxes in the lobby. We will not be passing the plate.
- We will not be having children’s church, choir, or choir practice at first.
- There will be spaced seating in the auditorium. Couples and families are welcome to sit side-by-side. Attendees will be dismissed by rows at the end of the service to avoid congestion.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers will be available in limited quantities.
Our prayer is that precautions will aid and not distract in the worship services. Each person is asked to be mindful of their personal space. It is our hope that these measures can be relaxed even more over the next several weeks. Praise God for his watch-care over us.