In the State of the Ministry meeting on Sunday, January 30, 2022, Pastor Wood unveiled the plans to construct a new facility on the church property.
The purpose of this facility would be to:
- Offer more opportunities for youth events on Wednesday nights and during VBS.
- Open up special activity times for adult groups in the church (Basketball, Volleyball, Cornhole, etc).
- Furnish a better venue for larger dinners with participants seated at round tables.
- Provide a center for community outreach events (skate night, etc).
- Encourage Sunday night after church fellowship times.
- Give more options for onsite storage.
- Allow us to encourage missionaries with an adjoining suite for long-term stays.
- Eventually, give the congregation a transitional meeting place when we outgrow the existing auditorium and are in the process of building a larger one.
- And much more…
Possible concept pictures
- Our goal is to build in phases so that we do not need to borrow to build.
- The estimated cost is projected to be near $500,000.
- We will begin with discussions with our architect Robert Cashion.
- There will be meetings by the leadership to discuss options and ultimately bring plans to the congregation for approval.
Video of Presentation