We are planning a two-day get-away for members and friends of Anchor Baptist Church. This mini-trip will include two primary stops. One is of religious art and the other of American history. Here is the proposed schedule (subject to change):
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Leave the church parking lot around 9 am
- Drive to Crooked Creek Park for a bring-your-own lunch break [directions]
- Drive to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel Exhibit at 401 South Gardner Ave, Charlotte, NC [directions].
- Begin the tour at 2 pm [sample ticket selection]. Entrance to the exhibit is every half hour & prices are $21.50 per adult or $16.20 per senior at this time.
- Travel to the Drury Inn at Arrowood, 8925 Red Oak Blvd, Charlotte [directions]. Rooms are $125 [Group 2438528] per night with free cancelation (on Drury Reservation site)….includes dinner & breakfast //dinner is usually available 5-7, but I can call & check.
Friday, July 16, 2021
- Complimentary morning breakfast at The Drury Inn and check out
- Drive to Camden & visit Historic Camden Revolutionary War sites. Drive time is approximately 1.5 hours [directions].
- Battlefield Website
- General Admission $5.00 for adults and $4 for senior or military. Upgrades are available for guided tours.
- Late lunch or early supper TBD.
- Drive back to the church [directions].
|Suggested ridesharing tip for those who ride with others (400 miles round trip; 4 per vehicle)||$15|
|Price of admission for one adult||$22|
|Hotel Room with King bed (tax included)||$130|
|Military park admission||$5|
|Restaurant meal on Friday (estimate)||$20|
Pastor Wood Carl is married to Becky and together they have three children. They live in Little River, SC where he pastors Anchor Baptist Church.