Sunday, May 10 was a joyous occasion as we reopened the church building for attendees to worship on-site. Reputable data gathering sources indicate that we have peaked in the upward trend of new cases. Even though the cumulative number of new cases grows, the rate of estimated new cases is declining.
We are proceeding with caution. Individuals who are considering returning to church should only do so if they believe that they are well and not an at-risk person.
Here is a look at our planned phases of reopening:
- Phase 1 (May 10): Sunday 11 a.m. & 6 p.m. services are open to attendees. There will be no small group (Sunday School, Adult Bible Study, Children’s Church, etc) meetings. Lord’s Supper will be served cautiously in the 6 p.m. service. Social distancing will be observed.
- Phase 2 (May 13): Our midweek prayer meeting will be opened. No youth classes will meet. No meal will be served. We will cease our interactive prayer time by Zoom and will return to group prayer time in the auditorium.
- Phase 3 (May 17): Children’s Church will resume with seating spaced for the children to maintain social distance.
- Phase 4 (Jun 7): Adult Bible Study & Youth Sunday School classes will resume during the 10 a.m. slot. Choir practice will resume today at 5:00 p.m.
- Phase 5 (June 10): Wednesday youth programs, mealtime, and van ministry will resume.
All of these projections are subject to alteration as we continue to access conditions. This post is intended to give you a basic idea of our approach. We will continue to look to the LORD for guidance in these matters.