The leadership of the church believes it is important to take a prayerful and measured response to the growing health concern in our country. At present we do not believe the situation warrants the suspending of services and functions of the church. However, to be proactive and reduce the potential spread of disease we are implementing the following measures effective immediately.
- Rather than pass the offering plate during services we will have offering plates available as you enter and leave the auditorium.
- The lyrics for all hymns and songs will continue to be projected onto the wall so that the use of hymnbooks is optional, and worship is not hampered.
- As always, we encourage you to bring your own Bible to church.
- Personnel will periodically wipe down door handles and other commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant.
- We will have courtesy bottles of hand sanitizer at different stations around the church. However, if you have a personal pocket-sized bottle you may find that more accessible.
- The restrooms will be stocked with adequate soap and paper towels
- We will dispense with the customary handshake time during the opener hymn of the morning service.
If you believe that it is in your or other’s best interest to avoid assembling during this present concern, we would like to make you aware of some helpful information.
- You have the option of viewing our services live or archived through our website on your computer, tablet or smartphone www.anchorbaptist.church/live. You can also watch through a Roku enabled television or smart TV by choosing the BoxCast app [click here] and searching for Anchor Baptist Church as the broadcaster. If you need help accessing one of these options, please contact us and we will be glad to help. It is best to do the setup several days in advance.
- We encourage you to continue to give your financial support of our local ministry during this health concern. The church still has financial obligations to meet regardless of how many people assemble for services at the church facility. Contributions can be mailed to the church or can be made electronically through our secure donation page on our website www.anchorbaptist.church/give. Donations sent in an alternative fashion will still be added to your giving record.
- Please make sure we have a current email address for you. We will be using email as a primary way of sending out announcements and additional information on a regular basis. You can also send prayer requests by email.
- We will also continue to send out Automated Phone Broadcasts [APB] for items of an urgent nature. If you would like to stay informed of these matters, please let us know which phone number to use when delivering these APBs.
- If you have any concerns or needs during this time please contact the church by calling 843-399-4466 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastor Wood and the deacons remain available as always to address your concerns and needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have a need.
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” ( 3 John 1:2 KJV)