We have added a new pastoral staff position at our church for Youth & Music Pastor. We are interviewing Stephen Mansfield for this role.
Live Stream Interview
Youth & Music Pastor Position Description
Particulars of the Position
- This is a paid staff position that is remunerated based on twenty hours per week, and may partly include health care coverage.
- This position is only a half-year position for 2023.
- As ministry demands and giving increases, this position may evolve into a full-time position.
Reasons for the position
- Help minister to the growing number of families in our church with children and adolescents.
- Anticipating the increase in attendance and growth in our church so that we have adequate personnel in place.
- Alleviate some of the ministry duties that are currently falling to the Lead Pastor.
Roles of the position
- Worship & Music
- Offer support and guidance to our members who will continue to serve in areas of worship and music in the church.
- Provide a central person with which the Lead Pastor can plan and communicate worship and music ideas.
- Orchestrate the routine orders of service to incorporate themes and encourage continuity of worship.
- Long-range planning and organizing of larger musical events such as cantatas, plays, etc.
- Centralize the oversight of curriculum needs, event planning, discipling guides, and material resources.
- Ensure that classes and programs for youth have the needed elements to successfully obtain their goals.
- Recruit and equip individuals from within our church to assist in the ministry of the youth.
- Nurture the spiritual development of the church youth through one-on-one discussions and discipleship. This could also involve counseling for individuals who are not currently attending our church.
- Lead our expanding Wednesday night outreach and discipleship program to the youth. This will also include oversight of the van ministry.
- Plan and execute larger youth events that might include: youth conferences, mission trips, camp trips, field trips, widow assistance, etc.
- Periodically preaching during the regular services of the church.
- Assist in our outreach to the surrounding community.
- Meet weekly with other church staff for organizing, integrating, and planning.
- Pursue additional training and education for greater ministry usefulness.
Assistant Pastor Question and Answer Forum
On Saturday, January 21, 2022, at 6:00 p.m., we will be having a Q&A time at the church with Stephen Mansfield. He is being considered for the role of Youth & Music Pastor. We would like everyone to feel the liberty
To make the time most efficient, we are asking for the following:
- Please submit your question(s) in advance using one of the following methods:
- Email us. You can use the form at the bottom of this page.
- Write it on a Response Card from an auditorium chair pocket.
- Call it into the church office.
- Please identify yourself. Anonymous questions are very difficult to handle. Names will not be read aloud and are primarily needed by Pastor Wood in the event that clarity on the question is needed.
- If possible, we would like to receive all questions by Wednesday, January 18.
- Please make your questions specific. Questions that seek a broad answer might not result in the desired response. For example, a specific question might be, “What are some examples of youth activities you might organize?” A broad question might be, “What do you believe about prophecy?”
- Similar questions received may be merged together.
We are hoping to keep the entire time 60-90 minutes. I hope you will prayerfully participate.