Anchor Baptist Church chartered on the first Sunday of October in 1999. Every year since that landmark Sunday, we have had a celebration on a Sunday near that date. This annual event typically involves:
- It is often the first Sunday of October, but check the yearly announcement below for possible variations.
- Our morning service begins at 10:30 a.m. for additional time for music and special features.
- The normal 10 a.m. Adult Bible Study and children’s Sunday School hour is canceled.
- Junior Church for the children occurs during the 10:30 a.m. service
- A celebration dinner is served in our Fellowship Hall. The church typically provides the main entree and attendees bring sides to share.
- We enjoy a brief 1:30 p.m. service which includes a time of reflections and testimonies from church members of God’s goodness to the church over the years.
- The 6:00 p.m. service is canceled on this day.
- A special “Heart Stirred Offering” is received for a purpose that is announced each year.
see the entries below for specific year details
- Our Consistent ChristJoin with us on Sunday, October 3, 2021 when we celebrate 22 years since the chartering of our church. Our theme for the day is “Our Consistent Christ” from (Heb 13:8). We welcome Matt & Christy Taylor as guest musicians. Brother Matt will also be ministering to us through the preaching of the Word of
- Pursue!There is more ahead. We must pursue. Our Lord Jesus Christ challenged us as believers to “occupy” until he comes again (Lk 19:13). The Bible also challenges believers to “run” the race before us (Heb 12:1-2). We are also to continually “fight” in faith (1 Tim 6:12). We are far from retiring in our spiritual
- Twenty Year AnniversaryAnchor Baptist Church chartered on the first Sunday of October in 1999. Join us on October 6, 2019, as we celebrate two decades of witnessing God’s working in this simply assembly of believers. Services will begin at 10:30 a.m. followed by lunch and then an afternoon praise service at 1:15 p.m. Dr. Steve Pettit will